Sunday, August 28, 2011

In My Mailbox #26

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren where you can talk about the books you bought or received this week.


So this week I got...


Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins


Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris—until she meets Étienne St. Claire: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.


The plot sounds pretty average to me, but I've heard so, so much about Anna and the French Kiss that I'm excited to finally read it!


Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
(Amazon / Goodreads)


At age eleven, Taylor Markham was abandoned by her mother. At fourteen, she ran away from boarding school, only to be tracked down and brought back by a mysterious stranger. Now seventeen, Taylor's the reluctant leader of her school's underground community, whose annual territory war with the Townies and visiting Cadets has just begun. This year, though, the Cadets are led by Jonah Griggs, and Taylor can't avoid his intense gaze for long. To make matters worse, Hannah, the one adult Taylor trusts, has disappeared. But if Taylor can piece together the clues Hannah left behind, the truth she uncovers might not just settle her past, but also change her future.


I've heard Jellicoe Road is amazing - it's crazy that I haven't read this yet.

Between Here and Forever by Elizabeth Scott

Abby acepted that she can’t measure up to her beautiful, magnetic sister Tess a long time ago, and knows exactly what she is: Second best. Invisible.
Until the accident. Now Tess is in a coma, and Abby’s life is on hold. It may have been hard living with Tess, but it's nothing compared to living without her. She's got a plan to bring Tess back though, involving the gorgeous and mysterious Eli, but then Abby learns something about Tess, something that was always there, but that she’d never seen. Abby is about to find out that truth isn't always what you think it is, and that life holds more than she ever thought it could...

I was so happy to have won this in a giveaway on Elizabeth Scott's site. I love Elizabeth Scott, and this one sounds amazing (I read the first few chapters in the back of another one of her books and loved it.) My only problem is that this is hardcover, and all my other Elizabeth Scott books are paperback... I'm going to need to get over that. Anyways, I'm excited to read this one!

What did you get in your mailbox this week?

15 comments:

  1. I thought/think the EXACT same about Anna and the French Kiss but I can't resist listening to positive reviews sometimes. I'm on a book-buying ban so I can't buy it but I'll definitely read it eventually.

    (IMM #1 @ Pretty Books)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Marlina Marchetta, she's so awesome! Anna and the French kiss is really awesome, hope you enjoy these! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, Anna & the French Kiss! I've just ordered this & haven't gotten it in the mail yet! Been wanting to read it for awhile now.. Let us know how you like it!
    My IMM...

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME mailbox this week. you have 2 of my all-time favorite books: anna and the french kiss and jellicoe road. hope you love 'em as much as i did.

    i hope you can stop by and check out our WoW this week.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've heard lots of good things about Anna and the French Kiss too so it may have to appear on my IMM soon too. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard good things about all these books but I haven't read them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab mailbox, I really like the sound of Jellicoe Road, it sounds really interesting.

    Have a fab week!

    My IMM

    Suzanne @ Under the Covers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great set! Jellicoe Road is amazing! I loved Anne and the FK too. You're right that the plot is nothing new, but it's written so well.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anna and the French Kiss is so good, honestly, much better than I thought it'd be! And I haven't read Jellicoe Road either, but it sounds awesome! Happy reading :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anna is amazing. You'll definitely enjoy.

    Our IMM

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think you'll be able to help being charmed by Anna and the French Kiss. It may contain a familiar plot, but the writing and the characters are awesome. And you'll read it just in time to get excited about Lola and the Boy Next Door. Reportedly Anna and the swoon-worthy St. Clair are in it. Woohoo!
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  12. i am glad i'm not the only one who hasn't read Anna yet! and oh my GOSH you will adore Between Here and Forever. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just finished Anna and the French Kiss. I loved, loved, loved it!!! It may be an average story, but what a terrific voice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice set of books this week. Ana sounds like such a good book. It is on my TBR list.
    Happy reading,
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're going to love the first two books!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...