Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday #4: Books I'd Give to Someone Who Says They Don't Read



Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish with a different topic for a top-ten list each week. You can find out more about it here.


The links will take you to my reviews (if available).


This week's topic is:


 Top Ten Books I'd Give to Someone Who Says They Don't Read



1. Ttyl by Lauren Myracle


This series is written entirely in IM messages between three best friends, and I think a format like that would work well for someone who doesn't read much.


2. The Harry Potter series


Because nobody can dislike Harry Potter.






3. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie


Diary is a quick and entertaining read, especially because of the illustrations. These illustrations and the fact that it reads so quickly hold your attention, even if you don't usually read a lot.


4. Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott


This one is on this list simply because of shock value. What happens in Living Dead Girl is so horriying, I can't see anyone putting this book down.


4. And Then Things Fall Apart by Arlaina Tibensky


And Then Things Fall Apart doesn't even read like a novel - it's like your inside of your best friend's head. And who wouldn't want to listen to their best friend tell them something from their life?


5. Size Twelve Is Not Fat by Meg Cabot (or any other Meg Cabot book)


Meg Cabot's style is hilarious and entertaining - it has everyone laughing out loud.


6. All Unquiet Things by Anna Jarzab


I think mysteries in general are a good genre for people who don't read much - wanting to find out who did it will keep you turning the pages. For some reason, I don't read too many mysteries myself, but All Unquiet Things has a really good mystery storyline.


7. Five Flavors of Dumb by Antony John


I can't really explain why I think this would be good for someone who doesn't read much; I just do. It's so much fun to read.


8. Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews


Another simply hilarious book - I couldn't stop laughing while reading Me and Earl and the Dying Girl, and I think this this the perfect book to prove that reading can be entertaining.


9. dancergirl by Carol M Tanzman


Also a good mystery that keeps you turning the pages.


10. Twilight by Stephanie Meyers


I thought about not putting this on the list, because, well, Twilight, but you can't argue with the fact that it has gotten loads of people reading!


So these are some books I'd recommend to someone who doesn't read a lot - not all of them are the most meaningful, but they're all entertaining and hold your interest, which I think is most important when persuading a reluctant reader. What books would you recommend?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...