Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday #6: Books I'd Save If My House Was on Fire



Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish with a different topic for a top-ten list each week. You can find out more about it here.


The links will take you to my reviews (if available).


This week's topic is:


 Top Ten Books I'd Save If My House Was on Fire (or any other disaster struck)


This topic is evil. EVIL. I don't want to think about losing my books to a fire! My poor babies! I can't stand the thought of evil flames killing all my beautiful books! It was almost impossible to make this list - I can't save only ten! But, anyways, here is my list:


1. Inkheart by Cornelia Funke


Cornelia Funke is the first author I ever met in person, and I can't imagine losing my signed copy of Inkheart to a fire. (That's the German cover, the one I have.)


2. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green


I love this book so, so much. It makes me want to change every 5-star-review I've written to a 4-star one so that this one can have the 5 stars all to itself.


3. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling


Just because.


4. The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen


This is the book I've read the most times - I just love The Truth About Forever. My copy is already worn from having been read so often, but I could never let go of it.


5. Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler


Twenty Boy Summer is an all-around gorgeous book. The actual novel is gorgeous, and the cover and design are gorgeous too. Whenever I pass my bookshelf, I want to take this book off the shelf and hug it - I just love Twenty Boy Summer.


6. Saving June by Hannah Harrington


The same goes for Saving June - another book I want to hug and never let go.


7. Jumping Off Swings by Jo Knowles


...And for Jumping Off Swings. You guessed it, I want to hug this book too.


8. Hold Still by Nina LaCour


The reason I want to rescue Hold Still is that this one isn't just an amazing novel; it also has gorgeous artwork in it! I'm not usually a fan of pictures in books, but the art in Hold Still is so beautiful!


9. Sweetearts by Sara Zarr


I just love this book so much. Such a beautiful, heartbreaking story.


10. I'm Not Her by Janet Gurtler


I've said this before, but I have a thing for Sourcebooks Fire books. The covers and design are all so beautiful, and I'm Not Her is my favorite of their books.


So these are the ten books I'd save if my house was on fire, even though it hurts my soul to know the rest of them would burn. Anyways, what ten books would you save if your house was on fire?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...